Re: swap-fle on arm64, need to disable, how?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2023 at 05:07:48AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> You've a good view of this hw. However swap is not important to run
> linuxcnc, in fact its to be avoided because it messes with realtime
> response. Linuxcnc needs, even with much of the control offloaded to mesa
> and similar smart cards, it still needs to check what the machine is doing
> 1000 times a second. The way I'm doing it, the wobble in this timing as 50
> to 80 microseconds, which doesn't bother the machine all that much, the real
> time killer is firing up firefox which can lock out the irq response for
> hundreds of milliseconds.  So I don't carve metal and browse the web at the
> same time.

If Firefox is really just for "browsing the web", and is not part of
the user interface for the CNC pieces, I don't understand why you run
Firefox on this machine at all.  I would run the browser on a separate
computer, one which isn't so critical to your operation.