bookworm: xfce4-terminal bug?

Hi there,

I'm using mc in xfce4-terminal. To close mc you use F10 key. Unfortunately, the xfce4-terminal option
Edit->Preferences->Advance->Disable menu shortcut key (F10 by default)
Does not work. Whatever I set, F10 always activates menu.

Is this a bug? Could someone fix? Is there any workaround?

The following also does not help:
In the Settings Editor:
    On the left, under "Channel", scroll down and select "xsettings"
On the right, under "Property | Type | Locked | Value", look for Gtk > MenuBarAccel
    Double-click on the row of "MenuBarAccel" to edit this property
In the "Edit Property" dialog, delete the value F10 (leave it blank) and click Save.

Thanks in advance for any help

Greg