Re: OpenTaxSolver for US Federal tax: experiences?

On 9/17/23 20:37, Tom Browder wrote:
On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 10:37 Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com <mailto:charlescurley@charlescurley.com>> wrote:

    Can you run your H&R Block program on top of wine?
    https://appdb.winehq.org <https://appdb.winehq.org>

Thanks, Charles.

Actually, I'm really interested in the OpenTaxSolver. I don't like H&R that much, so I'm gonna try it in parallel with H&R Block's solution for tax year 2022 and see how they compare.

You might want to take a look. And I wonder what Gene uses since he doesn't run Windows!

Well, after the WV code broke dynacalc around 28 years back, I went complaining to block, they saved me about what they charged. Having tangled with the irs and lost a decade before that, I said to hell with it and have let block worry about mistakes since. And I sleep better.

Cheers, all!

-Tom

P.S. I did read your address and visited them. Cool! Are any more articles in the works? I hope so, and I hope to take advantage of the one on encryting a backup disk to do partial live disk encryption.  I tried the whole system encrytion once and it's a pain.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis