Re: just a question about the iwlwifi_20230515-3 file

On 05/09/2023 05:23, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
I keep getting messages that it is not installed.

Where? Show exact error.

  So I went on line and
found a link but it was for Sid.  I have bookworm.  I did not use it but
I downloaded the one for bookworm, at least I think I did.  It is in a
folder marked Debian.  I have tried every witch way to install it but am
at a complete loss.

I tied su and then apt-install and that didn't
work.

1. Yo logged to root incorrectly. Anyway, I suggest to never use root
account for anything. Use sudo.
2. Do not install packages from sid or from the Internet. Use only apt
install from matching Debian Bookworm repository.

Dummy me I was not in the Debian file so I redid it while I was
in the Debian file.

What you mean by being *in Debian file*?

Still will not install.  I know the answer is
probably very simple but for the life of me I have forgotten how to do
it.  Is it important or can I ignore it.

Well..

I do have wifi.

If everything is working... Why you are trying to destroy your system then?

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/