Re: bookworm and network connections

Greg Wooledge wrote on 9/1/23 15:38:

In particular, when using /etc/network/interfaces, only interfaces that
are marked as "auto" need to be up, to satisfy this criterion.  An

I don't think that debian has used used /etc/network/interfaces for a while, at least not by default. Certainly there's nothing useful there on the machine that I just upgraded and whose networking is failing to configure itself correctly.

Network Manager -- I think -- uses some completely different mechanism for managing networking (although I have no idea what that mechanism is.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans