Re: Problem with libreoffice and localisation - LO hangs

Hi Brad,

thanks for the fast response. Yes, you are correct, my information was not
much.

The computer is one of my customers, so I have no access to it at the moment.
However, it is running debian/stable, amd64.

This issue appeared suddenly from one day to another and he swore, he had
nothing done except shutting down and starting.

But of course I can not be sure.

It might be, that I installed the localisation from 7.5 on LO-7.4, as both are
in the repo. At the moment, I can not recheck it.

My goal was first to explore, if someone else ran into the same issue. In the
web I found several similar issues, the most reason was the change of some
databases.

When I first explored the issue (his message was: Does not start and hang), it
shows the issue in anaother way:.

Libreoffice started, then the splash screen appeared and the progress bar was a
fifth of the whole bar. Here it hangs for about 10 minutes and then a popup
appeared, asking me to create a database. However, I did not start Libreoffice
Base, I just wanbted to open an ODS File with CALC!

As I could not find a solution and wanted to help thje customer quickly, I first
removed all ~/.config/libreoffice/ with no success.

Then deinstalled everything of libreoffice and reinstalled.

After installing the localisation I ran into the issue again. Tried all
several times to confirm it is AFTER installing localisation package.

At the moment the customer is running the English version and waits for me to
fix it.

Thats the actual status, hope, it helps.

Best regards

Hans