Debugging initramfs, server hangs during boot process

Hi all,

being on sid, I know that there can be problems.
However, this seems to be a bit hard for me to solve without proper help.
The machine hangs during boot.
Looking at the initramfs manpages i found that I can get into the busybox during

the boot process with break=... on the linux command line.
break=top
works, but

break=modules

is not reached. It hangs before that.

I have compared the initrd image of that broken box with the image of this box

I am writing this mail on.
There are smaller differences, but it doesn't ring a bell with me

I have used debian live to chroot into the system and did updates twice.
However that didn't help, boot process still hangs.

Any advice?

Tnx Thomas