Re: upgrade to bookworm broke phpmyadmin

> So, given that I purged everything and re-installed and it still didn't
> work, is this indeed a packaging error? I've been running Debian for well
> over 25 years (I started with a pre-release before buzz was released) and
> I don't remember anything that didn't work after installing.

I don't know the history of this precise thingy, but there can be valid
reasons to install both PHP and Apache, yet not to intend to run PHP
from Apache or not in the way that `a2enmod php8.2` does (especially
given the security risks it entails).

I have a vague recollection of having to explicitly enable/activate PHP
support in Apache's config many years ago, so I believe this is not
a new requirement.

        Stefan