Re: git setup

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 09:28:00 +0200
john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> To me you only update upstream by pushes and never by pulling!
>
> So my suggestion in your case would be:
> - One repo to work in and to push to upstream
> - One upstream bare repo

This is essentially what I do. My master repo, which the OP would call
BACKUP, is on a headerless machine, so I used gitolite there, and git
administration is all over ssh. That gets backed up daily using amanda.

I have two laptops, a desktop and a plethora of other machines. Each of
those has such repos as are appropriate to that machine. All of them
push to and pull from the gitolite machine.

The trick is a bit of discipline: When ending a session on any machine,
be sure to push it to the gitolite repo. And when starting a session,
be sure to pull from the gitolite repo. That keeps things in synch.

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com