Re: Bootloader error grub minimal bash "load the kernel first" after installing my live image via calamares installer

Hi,

Sakkra Billa wrote:
> I followed the tutorial
> from: https://www.willhaley.com/blog/custom-debian-live-environment/
> [www.willhaley.com] to make a live custom debian 12 image.

(The xorriso run looks ok.)

> In order to
> install it on my VM I installed calamares, calamares-settings-debian and
.rsync . The live image works perfectly

So the aim of the tutorial was achieved.

> and the installation also finishes
> without errors but when i reboot my VM into the installed environment, it
> boots into grub minimal bash line editing mode. On typing boot it says "load
> the kernel first".

I assume you used calamares for the installation.
Obviously it did not give GRUB the right configuration to load the
installed Linux kernel.

> I did not change any of the calamares settings everything
> is default.

You will have to look for instructions about calamares.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas