Re: libkscreenlocker5: The file "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kcheckpass" is NOT existent in the stable package.

Hi Patrick,

> The "kcheckpass"-binary was removed from kscreenlocker over a year ago,
> because it was obsolete.
> Hence, distributions cannot ship the binary as it is not built anymore.

This is not quite correct. Kcheckpass was in the package of bullseye! And
bullseye was active (aka stable) since June 2023. And it has been officially
removed since the change to bookworm, which is only almost 2 months ago, NOT a
whol year!

> If you cannot unlock your screen, a simple "It doesn't work" is
> unfortunately not sufficient to debug it. The first thing you can do is to
> create a new user on your system and try to unlock the screen with that
> user.
> That will tell you whether something is wrong with the system or just
> with your default user.

I checked. Same isssue with a fresh user. Oh, and I forgot to tell: it is not
possible, to kill the related process, it will be started again and again.

So this is a real bug.

Best regards

Hans