Re: chrome web browser worthless

On 8/2/23 09:42, Stefan Monnier wrote:
It would be nice if we had an exact recipe for how to reproduce the
problem.  Failing that, it'll be up to Gene to debug the situation on
his end.  I'm still leaning toward an edited /etc/hosts file.

My guess is that his Chrome runs in a kind of container that doesn't
have access to the host's port 80.  Similar to the problem of trying to
print to a printer on your local network when you have a VPN active
which redirects *all* network connections through the VPN.

         Stefan

Stefan: I won't be that kind to the big G. Unless Greg W. can tell me I'm wrong with my localhost entry in my /etc/hosts file on that machine this is a blatent attack by chrome to feed the starving maw of the big G's appetite for data about what your are searching for, and because of that, my spam has input doubled in the last week based on my attempts to access localhost:80 on that machine. The big G hasn't a clue what to connect me to, but that sure as hell doesn't prevent them from harvesting the src address so they can spam me...

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis