Re: Are there Nvidia drivers on Trixie repositories right now ?

On 27/7/23 16:10, rudu wrote:
Le 26/07/2023 à 23:16, Greg Wooledge a écrit :
On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 11:15:13PM +0200, rudu wrote:
Thank you David, but I thought that non-free-firmware should be enough for
the new testing repositories.
Should I had "non-free" to "main contrib non-free-firmware" ?
Sounds weird to me ... ??
The non-free-firmware section only contains firmware.  Not drivers.

If you need to build non-free drivers (e.g. nvidia) you'll need both
sections.

Thanks to David and Greg, I finally understood the difference between firmwares and drivers ...
;)
Indeed adding the non-free section to my source.list was what I needed.
Sorry for the noise.

Nice Day to all
Rudu

I believe that a proverb exists, with wording something like
"It is better to look a fool for the time that it takes to ask a question, than to look a fool forever, for not asking the question.".

If you did not ask, you would not have learned, and, your having asked, can mean that others can also learn what you have learned, from your having asked the question.

People should never have to apologise for asking to learn what they do not know.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia