Re: Convert PostScript .pfa to .pfb?

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 15:11 Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 07:37:50 -0500
Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, life is not so simple. The example script doesn't work off the
> mark because fontforge apparently has hard-coded paths.

Well, that was silly of them.

And I may have messed it up. Any way, I found the python script I prefer, so I'm heading in that direction.  My visit to the fontforge IRC (#fontforge) was met quickly by a helpful person. The fontforge website, code, and documentation are daunting. I just wish they has used Perl instead of Python.

I did think of symlinks, but I haven't spent much time on the script yet (I keep getting interrupted with "honey dos."

-Tom

P.S. I did read your signature--and enjoyed the visit (I have also visited several times over the years). I also used your blog on network manager when I was bringing up a couple of new hosts last--thanks!

P.P.S. Do you know Bill and Carol Mantey?