Re: xrdp and KDE Plasma desktop

Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2023, 12:27:22 CEST schrieb Max Nikulin:
> On 12/07/2023 20:51, Petric Frank wrote:
> > If i look at the nmcli general permissions for the id i get:
> >    org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.network-control              auth
> >
> > If i log in locally i get:
> >    org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.network-control              yes
> >
> > It seems that something goes wrong - but what and how to fix it ?
> > I use the same userid both times.
>
> Perhaps it is polkit that grants to local users more privileges than to
> remote ones, e.g. to reboot or to power off. Moreover, it (or some other
> daemon) may pass access e.g. to sound card on switch of currently active
> session when several local users are logged in.
>
> Likely it is possible to change default policy to give more rights to a
> specific user even when a remote session is started.

Thanks for the hint.

I found the page
  https://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=12073

which posts 2 possibilities for a similar problem on ubuntu.

The unsafe way (set Allow_Any = yes) works, but the safer one (define file in
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d) not.

I created afiler named 02-networkmanager.conf containing:
--------------- cut ----------------
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
 if ((action.id == "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.network-control") &&
 subject.isInGroup("{netdev}")) {
 return polkit.Result.YES;
 }
 });

I looks to me that either the directory is wrong and/or the file name is
wrong.

Any ideas ?

regards