Re: firewalld on Debian 12

Hello,

I sent a posting to the firewalld list, so far nothing. I do have a
kludge/fix that does make firewalld work, though with an error. The
fix is to change the backend option from nftables to iptables in
/etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf. I then can add my rules and all is
good. I do see the below message:

#firewall-cmd --reload
Error: COMMAND_FAILED: '/usr/sbin/ebtables-restore --noflush' failed:
ebtables-restore v1.8.9 (nf_tables):
line 3: CHAIN_DEL failed (Device or resource busy): chain PREROUTING_direct
line 3: CHAIN_DEL failed (Device or resource busy): chain POSTROUTING_direct
line 3: CHAIN_DEL failed (Device or resource busy): chain OUTPUT_direct

It does work but I'd love to know why the newer nftables backend keeps
failing and this error meaning?

Thank you.
Dave.