Re: Where is zenmap?

On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 01:30:27PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> does someone know, why and when zenmap was put off the repository?

It would help if you said whether this was a package name, or a filename
inside of another package.

> I did not find a hint in the changelog of nmap, nor an advice
> at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/nmap[1] .

According to <https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=zenmap&searchon=all&suite=all&section=all>
it was a binary package built from the "nmap" source package, last
seen in buster.

Given that, I guess you could read through the Debian changelog in the
nmap package, and look for the top (last) instance of "zenmap".  Maybe
it'll give a hint about why it's no longer being built.

My guess is it has something to do with the dropping of python2.