Re: Monitor Problem

Hi,

Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> The system did indeed install ffrom an iso on a USB flash drive.

Congrats.

> Two peoblems remain;
> Booting into the 500GB SDD, upon which I installed Debian-12.0.0 still has a
> highest resolution of 1024x768.
> Booting into the 1TD SSDmstill hangs with a message: ;out of range'

Both are outside my realm of experience.

But you could now check your DVD drive and the Debian DVD.
Assumed that you only have this one DVD drive installed, load the DVD and
run:

  xorriso -indev /dev/sr0 -toc -report_el_torito plain -check_media -- \
    2>&1 | tee -i "$HOME"/xorriso_sr0_result

This run will load the directory tree , report drive info, disc status,
filesystem size, and the DVD boot lures. Then it will read the whole range
of filesystem blocks.
All text output is caught in file "$HOME"/xorriso_sr0_result. If it
becomes long, then send it to me directly so that i can shorten it to the
most interesting lines. You might want to anonymize the line with your
drive's serial number. It is supposed to look like:
  Drive id     : 'XYZW8U76543 '

If all is well, then the messages will end by something like
  Media checks :        lba ,       size , quality
  Media region :          0 ,     377856 , + good
  Media region :     377856 ,   11710464 , 0 untested

Possible problems will be indicated by error messages. Hopefully at least
as helpful as those which you would get from checkreading by "dd".
At least they will be visible immediately without the need for dmesg.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas