Re: Monitor Problem

On 07/02/2023 04:50 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Sun, Jul 2, 2023 at 4:36 PM Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2023-07-02 13:58 (UTC-0400):
[...]
I am at a resolution of 1024x768. Also, after I got in the first tine I
decided to reboot and see what would happen. I had to do the fix again,
so, of course, it is not permanent.
Appending nomodeset is primarily intended for troubleshooting graphics issues by
enabling fallback graphics functional for editing configurations and running
package management. As long as you must use nomodeset, you are forced into
1024x768 at best, sometimes worse. It's only coincidental that this mode is used
by both your original problem and using nomodeset, because it's a failsafe fallback.
Gotta love tribal knowledge...

Jeff

Oh, I do! I do!  Thank goodness for it, and all the great and knowledgeable people on this list!!!

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
https://insilicochemistry.net