Bookworm: missing sbin in root path?

Hi,

So I just installed Debian Bookworm on a new system. And things aren't there. I noticed that "adduser is already the newest version (3.134)." (according to Apt) but typing "adduser" at a terminal prompt does ... nothing. Not found.

So, I installed locate (also not present by default?) and discovered that although the package installed /usr/sbin/adduser, somehow root doesn't have /user/sbin in its PATH.

When I type "/usr/sbin/adduser", that works, but shouldn't root default to having sbin in its path?

-Carl Fink