Re: Out of Range Monitor Problim

On 6/29/2023 1:23 PM, gene heskett wrote:
On 6/29/23 06:56, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I have Bullseye currently installed on my main Linux platform.

When I logged in this morning I got an Out of Range 95.3 kHz/60 kHz error.

What version are you running now?

That sounds like something an older monitor could fuss about. Did you get an indication it had dropped to a lower definition setting? Look at /var/log/xorg.log.1 or maybe .2 and see what it says. OTOH xorg.log of any kind is not being generated here. A clue I'm running wayland?  Check and reseat the monitor cables in any event.  Otherwise maybe somebody smarter might know.

Although I have been using Linux since the early days of Slackware and the Red Hat Mother's day release, I'm strictly  a user. I googled the problem and got answers that I don't understand. I can boot into the rescue mode but can go no further.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

I'm running Debian 11, but I was going to install Debian 12 on another drive in the computer.
As I quered anther person responding to this thread, would that solve the problem or exacerbate it?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, PhD
https://insilicochemistry.net