Re: Why does Debian have code names for releases?

> Also, I struggle with the names, always need to go to the project web page
>  or wikipedia if I need to look up which version has which name, and it's
> always a nuisance.
>
> A small one, though. Also, I really like the Debian project, its resulting
> software collections, and thus my wish is to keep those code names, as
> inconsistent and hard to memorize they are. It's Debian, and I like
> it. I still have etchnhalf running on two old boxes, even :-)

Seeing how we're currently at a name that starts with `b`, maybe it's
a good time to switch to a naming scheme that orders the release
names alphabetically.

IOW:
- choose the next, say, 50 names now.
- sort them alphabetically.
- throw away all those that sort before Bookworm.
- done.

We get our cake and eat it too.  Obviously it won't fix the past (tho
maybe we can use the thrown-away names at step 3 to retroactively add
aliases to the old names, making their naming situation even more fun).

        Stefan