Re: How to stop systemd or whatever does,to always tries to check and fix disk errors

ok,do you have some workaround to propose to me,boys ? Thank you.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 3:18 AM Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 8:48 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> [...]
> > of=/dev/mmcblk1 status=progress bs=2M but very rarely it wants to boot. I
> > don't understand where the error is. When I insert the sd card into the
> > slot it beeps and it prepares itself to boot chrome OS from the internal
> > memory,not Linux from the sd card.
> >
> > The problem could be systemd or whatever does that,to check and fix disk
>
> What makes you think so?  The description of the error you give about
> gives me the impression the Chromebook doesn't even begin to boot the
> GNU/Linux distribution on your SD card, in which case systemd can't be
> the culprit.

Yeah, I had a lot of problems with a Chromebook several years ago. I
think I could get it into Developer Mode, but I could not get it to
boot to USB. I spent days trying to get it to work. It was a Toshiba
CB35, if I recall correctly.

I find it best to donate old Chromebooks to a church or other
non-profit. They are low-end, and they are not worth spending too much
time on.

Jeff

--
Mario.