Re: package managers problem

On 6/19/23 22:41, paulf@quillandmouse.com wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 03:58:18 +0200
Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

I've been watching this thread from afar for a while and it still
puzzles me why people keep bringing up wayland. I've been running
wayland for years, and synaptic works with no issues as far as I can
tell. Is this just FUD from a user that never tried it or is something
broken on that user's system?

A couple of years ago, I switched to Wayland temporarily and was unable
to run Synaptic (with an error message). The phenomenon is real. I
don't know how you manage it. But I don't recall anyone on this thread
besides you claiming it could be done.

Paul

I'm with you Paul, if Anders know how to do it, please PUBLISH the how. For a while on bullseye, a "sudo -E synaptic" worked, then even that died mid-bullseye, somebody plugged a perceived hole and didn't bother to mention it to the many thousands of users.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis