Re: Debian home page -> Download link broken:

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 08:12:49AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> The same thing applies to those who track 'stable' by that name. Using
> the symbolic names for the releases, rather than the actual codenames,
> *is semantically different* and the tools *should treat it differently*.

Using "stable" in your sources.list is idiotic, and you should not do
it.  Ever.

This is not a "use at your own risk" scenario, like using "testing".
That's OK for people who choose to accept the responsibility.

Using "stable" is just a mistake.

If you're suggesting that the behavior of the tools should change in
some way -- something I am *not* advocating -- then the bext change
would be to make them *reject* any sources.list line that uses "stable".
Inform the user that the use of that label is too dangerous, and that
they must select a specific release to track.