Re: Please help with not booting from USB so to install Debian

On 9/6/23 02:36, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
I want to install Debian on a new machine but don't manage to boot from USB
stick.  (I can do so regularly with another machine, so the USB stick is ok and
so is the Debian netinst I burned onto it.)  At the boot I press F9 and a menu
appears where I can choose to boot from USB stick; but then it doesn't so at all
booting instead into Windows 11.  In BIOS I enabled the CSM protocol but
nothing.  Please help as I don't know what to do: thanks.

Rodolfo

My understanding is that Windows 11 computers have malware that is designed to prevent booting into anything other than the malicious Windows 11.

A procedure to get around the Windows 11 malware, and to be able to boot into Linux, has, I believe, been described on the Ubuntu Users mailing list.

My understanding is that, to boot into Linux or any other non-MS operating system, Windows 11 should be avoided like the plague that it is, and, that a computer with the Windows 10 OS should be obtained, rather than the malware that is Windows 11.

Windows 11 also, in the malware that it is, proscribes software that runs on Windows 10 and earlier versions of Windows.

The best use for a Windows 11 computer, is to use it as a projectile. Such computers are not even substantial enough to use as boat anchors.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia