Re: Why wouldn't "stringing" of an input parameter using an array work? ...

On 6/8/23, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> Yes.  Use an array.
 ;-), it "magically" worked:

_FL1="file1_ps_-aux.txt"; sudo ps -aux > "${_FL1}"
_FL2="file2_dmesg.txt"; sudo dmesg > "${_FL2}"
_FL3="file3_printenv.txt"; sudo printenv > "${_FL3}"

ls -l "file"*".txt"; wc -l "file"*".txt"

_KSX_AR=(
"${_FL1}"
"${_FL2}"
"${_FL3}"
)

kate "${_KSX_AR[@]}" &

 Now, if I could only save and import the configuration file I use
into a directory of my choosing that would make my day! I may have to
go monkey:

 1) find where it keeps that metadata and how
 2) save that file into my own storage each time kate is closed
 3) move it to wherever kate expects to read it from every time before
starting kate

 BTW, sometimes it is important to think through, own your mistaken
ways of seeing things (it helps even unconsciously not to repeat
them), why is it in the bash shell that wasn't that happy about my
ways?