Re: Debian USB Wifi

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 21:52:28 -0300
Rodrigo Cunha <rodrigo.root.rj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to buy a usb to wifi network. How do I check if the
> hardware(usb) has debian support?

0) Try it.

1) Search on the name of the device and the word "linux".

2) Each USB device has a unique identifier, eight hexidecimal characters
   with a colon (:) in the middle, e.g. 10ec:8176. Get that, and search
   on that and the word "linux".

3) There are web sites out there that identify whether Linux supports a
   USB device. Use one. https://linux-hardware.org/ is one such site.

4) Ask on this list with the name of the device and its identifier.
   Perhaps someone on the list has one.

Until you've named the device there isn't much we can do for you.

Perhaps a better way to go is to ask on this list for suggestions of
what to buy. I can suggest that you should avoid the ASUS USB-N 13
Adapter Wireless-N300. This, in spite of the claim of Linux support on
the box.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com