Re: How to run a command / script on startup automatically in linux?

On Mon, 15 May 2023 22:44:37 +0530
"Susmita/Rajib" <bkpsusmitaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> ExecStart=/etc/rc.local start
> TimeoutSec=0
> StandardOutput=tty
> RemainAfterExit=yes
> SysVStartPriority=99
> ExecStart=mousepad

The fact that you have two ExecStart lines in there might have
something to do with it.

The exercise was to show you how to use /etc/rc.local, so I would
suggest you use the systemd file exactly as they showed it, and put a
call to mousepad into /etc/rc.local. You may have to create it. If so,
be sure to make it owned by root:root and execute for the owner only.
Exactly how you do those things I leave as an exercise for the student.

However, the systemd service is the better approach, so I suggest you
play with that approach and create a mousepad service. Good luck.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/