Re: AW: why symbolic link arnt visible?

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023, Maurizio Caloro wrote:

Thanks for you answer

I'm guessing what you mean by "will not appear": the web server doesn't show it.
Yes the Webserver Apache will not present the symbolic link folder

My first hunch would be that the web server can't read (or list) any of the components of the file pointed to by the symlink.
Yes, in the meantime I am also of the opinion, but how can I change this, because the folder structure is given
and I cannot make a right change here. Or should I make a copy of the data at the end of the process?

Could you do ls -l to /var/lib/rancid, /var/lib/rancid/routers and so on until .../c3560?
Every file in this path "-R rancid:randic /var/lib/rancid"

Besides: what does Apache's error log say (best just after you tried to access the resource in question).
AH00037: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible: /var/www/html/cvsweb/configs

There's your error

/var/www/html/cvsweb# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  4096 Apr 27 21:21 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data  4096 Apr 27 21:27 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data    32 Apr 27 20:49 configs -> /var/lib/rancid/routers/configs/

It"s the target of the link that has a permission problem, not the
source.

/var/lib/rancid/...