Re: Evolution email (problem?)

On Thu, 2023-04-27 at 22:25 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 27/04/2023 21:38, Default User wrote:
> > "All Mail" apparently assigned to all messages
>
> Do you expect that deleting from "All Mail" removes message from
> another
> folder to which you moved it earlier? I am in doubts it should be
> done
> without a dialog to confirm such operation. However I just realized
> that
> thunderbird does it quietly.
>
> My impression is that deleting message from Inbox removes it from
> "All
> mail" (thunderbird again), however moving message from Inbox to a
> folder
> from another account removes it from Inbox, but not from "All Mail".
> admit that such peculiarities are unavoidable due to tree vs. labels
> concepts difference.

Hi, Max.

If a message is in both of the folders "Inbox" and "All Mail", it CAN
be directly deleted from "Inbox", which removes it from both folders,
moving it to the "Trash" folder, from which it can be "expunged"
("Trash" is then "emptied").

If a message is in both of the folders "Inbox" and "All Mail", it CAN
NOT be directly deleted from "All Mail". It stays in both folders, with
only the one in "All Mail" having a line through it, showing that is
marked for deletion, but is not deleted, and is not even moved to
"Trash", which remains empty.

Moving the message from "Inbox" to another folder in the same email
account, for example "Spam", DOES remove the message from "All Mail".
That does not make sense to me!

I am reluctant to test moving a message from one email account to
another one, as I do not do not want to have an another unexpected
problem occur, and I do want to keep the email accounts strictly
isolated from each other.

I do wish that "deleting" a message from any folder would remove it
from all folders.  But, of course, a confirmation dialog before doing
any deletion or expungement would seem to be virtually mandatory!