Re: Debian support for AMD GPU applications

On 4/25/23 01:30, jeremy ardley wrote:
Is there any reliable source of information to install computational back-ends using AMD GPUs on Debian 11?

I have found some references to packages such as rocm-dev on repo.radeon.com but they are all ubuntu related and won't install in Debian 11.

In the end I want to run tensorflow, pytorch, opencv etc at full speed using a GPU.

I haven't tested on Debian 11, but on a fresh install of Debian 12 adding repositories as for Ubuntu as described here just works:

https://docs.amd.com/bundle/ROCm-Installation-Guide-v5.4.3/page/How_to_Install_ROCm.html

Then `apt install rocm-opencl-runtime` to use ROCm OpenCL with an upstream kernel module (amdgpu.ko), i.e. no DKMS to recompile it from AMD's sources.

--
Sarunas Burdulis
Dartmouth Mathematics

· https://useplaintext.email ·