Vsync causes stuttering in various games regardless of uncapped performance

Hello Debian community,

Whenever I enable vertical sync in any one of various video games (including, but not limited to, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft Java Edition & Hollow Knight), framerates frequently drop to between around 30 to 50 frames per second*. This occurs even if minimum framerates prior to enabling vertical sync exceeded the refresh rate of my display. Disabling Freesync in my monitor's built-in settings menu does not resolve this issue.

System information
--------------------------

uname -a output: Linux [hostname] 6.1.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.20-2 (2023-04-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Desktop environment: GNOME (GNOME Version: Not Available)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-3200
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+
Display: Acer ET322QK
Driver versions:

Further details

Example results from Rise of the Tomb Raider benchmark (3840x2160, Low preset):

Vsync disabled in-game, FreeSync enabled via monitor menu
Vsync enabled in-game, FreeSync enabled via monitor menu
Vsync enabled in-game, FreeSync disabled via monitor menu

I've been experiencing this issue since I started using this graphics card in 2021 (I was using Fedora at the time, I believe).

*I've only confirmed this with actual framerate numbers in Tomb Raider (2013), Rise of the Tomb Raider & Minecraft Java Edition because those have built-in benchmarks and/or framerate display options. In the other games listed, I perceived the stuttering while playing.

Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,

flavonol