Re: Am I infected with a rootkit?

On 2023-04-18 10:25, Richmond wrote:
It's a long shot, but does either computer have wifi?

Those two computers do not, but the LAN they're connected to does have a WiFi access point.  So yes, if anybody could access the LAN through the WiFi and find a security hole in Windows to exploit, then that could be the problem.  However:

Is it secured with
wpa2?
Yes.  The password is not easy to guess, and the neighbors do not know it.  I think (but I may remember that incorrectly) that I checked the log file in the access point and found nothing suspicious.

Thanks,
Jesper

--
Jesper Dybdal