Re: What do all those "* * *" mean on a traceroute log?

On 13.04.2023 00:00, Albretch Mueller wrote:
 Yes, but should it happen on every hop? In my case it happens while I
am trying to reach every site and from wherever I have the chance to
get some relatively decent Internet access?
There is a chance your trace packets were filtered (rate-limited), because by default "traceroute" sends them without delay and remote hosts could "see" them as flood.
Try to test same route again, but with a send delay set to a reasonable 1 second using "-z" parameter, like so:
    # traceroute -z 1 8.8.8.8

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀