Re: Riddling over systemctl, pulseaudio, firefox-esr, and salsa.debian.org

Hi,

David Wright wrote:
> googling pulseaudio cpu usage produces a lot of hits.

Yes. But why does it stay modest until i go to
  https://salsa.debian.org/groups/optical-media-team/-/activity
and why does it stay busy after i left that page ?

David Wright wrote:
> I'm guessing from what Michel Verdier wrote elsewhere that you
> have to create a symlink, pointing at /dev/null, somewhere in
> ~/.config/systemd/user/.

I would have expected that systemctl knows how do do it.

Maybe a master in dialectics can decode this statement from
man systemctl:

  "Depending on whether --system, --user, --runtime, or --global is
   specified, this enables the unit for the system, for the calling
   user only, for only this boot of the system, or for all future
   logins of all users."

This is with "enable" but later the section for "disable" states.

  "This command honors --system, --user, --runtime and --global in a
   similar way as enable."

I would conclude from "--runtime [...] for only this boot of the system"
that the others have a lasting effect. But on the other hand, only
"--global" mentions "for all future logins".
So the description seems to give the implementation much room for
interpretation.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas