Re: Looking to a KDE or desktop agnostic software to batch resize pictures

On 05 Apr 2023 18:19, Yvan Masson wrote:
Hi list,

As the subject says, I am looking for a KDE or desktop agnostic software to batch resize pictures.

Requirements:
- libre
- offline
- being usable without command line
- translated in French
- with a very simple user interface
- possibility to either overwrite source image or to create a new file
- written in Rust (/!\ that is a joke :-D)

Bonus:
- included in Debian
- possibility to remove EXIF data

Here are software I have found but excluded:
- nautilus extension `nautilus-image-converter`: specific to nautilus
- converseen: untranslated, quite difficult to use
- KDE service menu ReImage: untranslated, but could be done (code unfortunately not available in Github/Gitlab or equivalent)

Regards,
Yvan

Hi Ivan,

XnView MP or XnConvert ?
It's a freeware but NOT open source. It's in french (iirc the dev is french).
There's no Debian pkg, but a deb file can be downloaded.
https://www.xnview.com/en/apps/

PS: I use it since "decades" w/o problems (but on Windows, ymmv)

++
zithro