Re: vtty & X terminal color scourge

On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 10:33:26PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> What bothers me more than anything is that dead symlinks haven't been red, or
> anything else to distinguish them, in a long time.

So... you're talking about the colors used by "ls", yes?

If you don't want ls colors at all, you can use "ls --color=never".
You can set that up as an alias/function.

If you DO want colors, just not the ones you're currently getting, then
you need to look at the LS_COLORS environment variable.

According to ls(1), you're supposed to use dircolors(1) to generate
this variable.  According to dircolors(1), you're supposed to run
"dircolors --print-database" and read its output to learn how to set
it up.

Looks pretty tedious.  Have fun.