Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing two text files where Word Wrap is possible?

On Saturday, April 01, 2023 10:22:24 AM debian-user@howorth.org.uk wrote:
> rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > I don't remember the name of the utility that I used to use in the
> > Microsoft world, but it was very nice in showing changes within lines
> > or paragraphs, using underline and crossout (wrong name).

> It sounds like you're describing the way Microsoft Word displays
> differences between versions.

Yes, exactly.  (But there was also a non-Microsoft utility that did (just
about) the same thing.)

> I believe LibreOffice will do something
> very much the same.

Good to know, I'll have to try that some time.  (I do most of my writing in an
editor these days.)

--
rhk

(sig revised 20230312 -- modified first paragraph, some other irrelevant
wordsmithing)