thunderbird can not import gpg-key

Hi folks,

I wanted to import my secret key into thunderbird, but thunderbird can not read the directory.

What an I doing wrong?

I do (my thunderbird is in German, so my English translation might not be quite accurate):

- starting thunderbird

- chose  in "Open PGP" the option "add key"

- click "add existing key"

- click "files for import"

- now chose in my /home the folder .gnupg/private-keys-v1.d

and then I get

Error opening /home/myusername/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d

Access not granted

---

the settings for these are set:

drwxr-xr-x   6 myusername myusername     20480 24. Mär 17:51 .gnupg

drwxr-xr-x   6 myusername myusername     20480 24. Mär 17:51 .gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/

The keys themselves are set "rw" and owner is "myusername:myusername"

The only explanation I have, that thunderbird is calling a plugin with another owner than me, as thunderbird itself is started with ownership "myusername".

However, even if I set the rights to "everybody can read it" (what is of course only set for testing purposes!) it does not work.

Anything else, where I should take a look?

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards

Hans