Re: differences between hwclock <-> date due to time zone issues? ...

On 3/24/23, Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
> As already pointed out, the hardware clock is used in very limited
> ways and is not the same thing as the system clock, so your result
> is as expected.
> What are you actually trying to do?
>
> What "time zone issues" do you refer to?

 I should have pointed out that I always go into exposed mode (use the
Internet) with a live DVD. My laptop was always 6 hours ahead and now
that they changed to summer time, it is 5 hours ahead.
 I used logs which names a time a la:

_DT=$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
_BN=$(basename "${_SDIR}")
_LOG_FL="${_BN}_${_DT}.log"
 If anything, timing is one of the aspects of reality which should be
coordinated.
 lbrtchx