Re: [bullseye] r-cran-ggplot2 depends on missing libpq5 v13.8

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 10:12:50AM +0100, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> [...]
>
>> > The error message above doesn't correspond to this state. If I retry my
>> > "curl -I" with the corrected, current URL, I don't get a 404, but a 200.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'this state'.
>
> state /post/ apt-get update.
>
>> If I run 'curl -I' for 'libpq5_13.8', I get also get 404 and for
>> 'libpq5_13.9', I get 200.
>
> as expected.
>
>> The problem as I understand it is that 'apt-get install libpq5' with an
>> updated cache tries to install version 13.8, which is not the correct
>> version for bullseye.
>
> What does "apt-cache policy libpq5" say?

  root:~# apt-cache policy libpq5
  libpq5:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 13.8-0+deb11u1
    Version table:
       13.8-0+deb11u1 500
          500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
       13.7-0+deb11u1 500
          500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages

I notice that on my laptop, the system with the problem, I have

  root:~# cat /etc/debian_version
  11.5

whereas on a server I have access to

  root@server:~# cat /etc/debian_version
  11.6
  root@server:~# apt-cache policy libpq5
  libpq5:
    Installed: 13.9-0+deb11u1
    Candidate: 13.9-0+deb11u1
    Version table:
   *** 13.9-0+deb11u1 500
          500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       13.7-0+deb11u1 500
          500 http://security.debian.org bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages

So it looks like my laptop it on the previous point release.

Shouldn't a new point release just show up as a big bunch of updates?  I
don't ever remember having to do anything special in the past.

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.