Re: PDF on debian

On 09/03/2023 21:29, tomas wrote:
TeX is perfectly fine as a PDF backend. Especially if you go for the
more "modern" variants, like LuaTeX, which grok UTF-8 natively.

I am curious if you can provide preamble with font configuration working for most of users for documents including non-latin scripts and emoji.

log(😅)=💧log(😄)

My experience is that while browsers or office applications implement fallbacks to take missing glyphs from other available fonts out of the box, for LuaLaTeX it is necessary to configure all font fallbacks explicitly. Ideally document should have explicit markup to specify languages (if script is unique then babel can be instructed to detect it and set language implicitly).