Re: PDF on debian

On 2023-03-09 17:58:37 +0000, Brian wrote:
> That would be a big drawback for a printing filter.
>
>  CHARSET=utf-8 /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttopdf 1 1 1 1 1 UTF-8-demo.txt >out.pdf

The only good thing is that box drawing is fine (while the other
converters don't work well for that). However, there are 2 problems:

1. For some scripts, I get rectangles, meaning that the glyphs could
   not be found. There may be an issue with the font selection.

2. The generated text part (as this can be seen with pdftotext)
   contains mostly garbage, even for ASCII text. This may not be
   an issue for printing on paper, but here it is (and I suppose
   that it is too when printing to a PDF file).