Re: alias in bash script issue

On Sat 04 Mar 2023 at 12:23:58 (-0500), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 11:14:39AM -0600, David Wright wrote:
> > >     This use is discouraged
> >
> > There's a place for warning about the use of aliases in, say,
> > Greg's BashPitfalls, or books, but not here.
>
> Discouraging the use of legacy features that are considered dangerous
> in modern usage is fair game for software manuals, I would say.

But it doesn't point out the dangers, dangers that you can
easily duplicate with functions. What I objected to is the tone,
a tone that was picked up in the first line of the first reply.

There are many lists of dangerous aliases on the web, but I haven't
found a list of such aliases that can't be transcribed into functions.

(I'm not sure where modern usage comes in.)

Cheers,
David.