Re: alias in bash script issue

On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 02:19:38PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Tom Browder (12023-03-05):
> > Yes, but please use its new name, Raku. Note new releases come out monthly
> > so you shouldn't use the Debian packages since they are way behind. We have
> > a member on the release team who provides Debian packages as "rakudo-pkg"
> > so apt/aptitude update/upgrade work as expected.
>
> That kind of precision does not really scream “production ready”.

TBH, this is also one of the things which made me steer
clear of Raku. Interesting concepts, mind you, but when
I use Perl, I expect to be able to hand a program out
to people without limiting too much which binary version
and which package versions they have to use.

Just using a "reasonable new" Debian should work.

I watch Pythons venv hell (and have to poke at it sometimes)
with some disgust.

Cheers