Re: alias in bash script issue

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 at 00:12, Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 08:52:15PM +1100, David wrote:

> > Debian's default shell is 'dash'. Its manual, readable using 'man dash',
> > says
>
> The script explicitly calls bash. The rest of your point is still
> (coincidentally) valid though, as it would be in most of the popular shells
> as far as I'm aware.

I am aware. 'man dash' better describes how aliases should be
used in modern times, so I referred to it to reference an authority
greater than my own personal opinion.

'man bash' avoids this clear language, which is unfortunate
because that advice is what anyone who knows what they are
doing will advise.

So, my point was made intentionally, not coincidentally.
Thanks for drawing attention to that ambiguity in my message.