Re: laptop freezes randomly - please help!! dell xps 15 with debian testing

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 18:59:19 +0200
Shalom Ben-Zvii Kazaz <shalom938@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the past week my laptop freezes randomly, I can say it happens
> every 2-3 hours. but there are actions that consistently always cause
> a freeze, like opening Zoom or executing lspci in Terminator.

lspci leads me to wonder if lspci is triggering a hardware flaw
somewhere on the PCI bus. And Zoom might do the same thing: I
conjecture that it looks for cameras on the PCI and USB busses.

Does it always freeze at the same point in the lspci listing? What
happens if you do a verbose listing? 'lspci -v'

Can you get a complete lspci listing using an older version of Linux,
or a live CD version (e.g. finnix)?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com