Re: Bookworm 1/28/23 updates - No Audio Devices Found

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 7:50 AM Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 05:04:59 -0500
Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Timothy,

>This appears to be a KDE issue. Is anyone else having this problem?
>Please note the problem started after installing KF5-102 and a reboot.

KDE Plasma is undergoing big changes ATM.  Soon(1) Plasma 5.27beta
(2) will start transitioning to testing.

I am looking forward to 5.27beta! It has a lot of good improvements.

Things are going
to be sticky until everything is in sync.  That said you could, of
course, still have run into some bug or other, I couldn't say.

When large numbers of suite(3) packages start arriving in testing(4), I
usually hold off a day or two before I update in an attempt to be sure
everything upgrades in sync.  Because, as you've found out, although
things can upgrade without any apparent issue, they may leave your
desktop in an undesirable state.

That's all part of running testing, of course.  In fact, it's the reason
testing exists.

(1)  Probably tomorrow
(2)  Versioned as 4:5.26.90-1
(3)  By which I mean things like Plasma, Gnome, etc.
(4)  In this particular case KDE packages from 5.101.* to 5.102.*

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/