Re: Ctrl-C ignored after pasting a long text in an X terminal emulator

On Sun 22 Jan 2023 at 07:16:47 (-0500), songbird wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Is there any way to avoid this issue?
>
>   i'm not able to test either of these on your setup but
> perhaps you can?
>
>   does it make any difference if you set the scrolling to
> unlimited in your terminal profile?  (i have this option
> in my terminal).

The amount visibly pasted into my xterm is exactly 4096 characters.
With the file in question, file:///usr/share/doc/libc6/copyright,
it's only 86 lines long:

$ wc /tmp/bit
  86  606 4096 /tmp/bit
$

>   also have you ever used xclip and would that make a
> difference?

I don't see what xclip buys you. If you have two windows open,
the xterm and the child application, and you click the middle
mouse button in the xterm by mistake instead of the child,
xclip will paste into the xterm in just the same way as the
OP described originally.

Were you to use   xclip -o   in some xterm to do the pasting,
instead of the mouse's middle button, how would you redirect
xclip's output to the open child process?

Cheers,
David.